Natural Radioactivity and Radon Hazards from Geologic Deposits and Fossils of Southern Idaho
Learn about naturally occurring radioactivity from geologic sources and fossils that occurs in the Hagerman, Idaho area. The presentation will cover topics of:
– Introduction to Ionizing Radiation
– Naturally Occurring Geologic Nuclear Reactor Deposits
– Results of Fossils and Geologic Deposits from Hagerman Area.
– Hazards of Handling and Storing Radioactive Fossils
– Idaho’s Historical Connection with the “Plow Share” project.
About the Lecturer:
Neal Farmer, has an amazing background working with radioactive fossils at the Hagerman Fossil Beds National Monument in southern Idaho. He worked there for 11 years and now works for the Idaho Dept. of Water Resources in Boise researching the geologic controls for springs from the Eastern Snake Plain Aquifer in the Thousand Springs area.
Pre-registration required: Click here for tickets