EXPLORE THE MUSEUM AND OUR BOISE FOOTHILLS!
The IMMG tour program consists of a hillside hike and a tour of the museum. Tours can be schedule for any type of group including school classes, home school groups, families, retired and professional groups. We charge $2.00 per participant and for school groups we do not charge for teachers/chaperones. We recommend sturdy shoes and water for the hillside hike. Call Eliza Schulz today @ 208.368.9876 or email at email@example.com.
MUSEUM TOUR EXPLORES TOPICS INCLUDING
- Rock and mineral identification
- Geology fundamentals
- Idaho’s geologic history
- Idaho’s mining history
- Idaho fossils
- Uses of rocks & minerals
HILLSIDE HIKE EXPLORES TOPICS INCLUDING
- Ancient Lake Idaho
- Warm Springs geothermal system
- Table Rock sandstone and associated features
- Local volcanics
- The Idaho Batholith
- Local evidence of geologic processes
- Tours are about 1.5 hours long and are for ages 3 and up.
- Groups can request museum tour or hillside hike only. The charge changes to $1.00 per participant.
- School tours follow the Idaho Core Standards and can be changed to complement any academic level.
- School tours are available for students in public, charter, private, religious and home schools, and day cares.
- Recommended max is 50 participants. Larger groups can be accommodated.
- If the group is larger than 25 students, it will be broken into 2 groups and one group will be on the hillside while the other is in the museum.
- Tours are scheduled 7 days a week and run March through November. Full tour is dependent on weather.
- Tours are conducted between 9 am and 5 pm. Bathrooms are not available until noon during school year.
- Teachers and chaperones are required to manage students and groups while staff are leading the tour.