Located next to the Old Penitentiary in Idaho’s Historical District, the Idaho Museum of Mining and Geology (IMMG) offers exhibits and educational programs about Idaho’s fascinating geologic history and rich mining heritage.
Museum Open April through October
The IMMG is an all-volunteer, donation-supported,
Starting April 1: Wed. thru Sun., noon to 5 p.m.
DIRECTIONS TO THE MUSEUM
- From downtown Boise, head East on Warm Springs Avenue.
- Turn left on Old Penitentiary Road (the same road that leads to the Botanical Gardens).
- Proceed straight ahead to Old Pen and Museum. Or for more parking, drive northwest to large dirt parking lot.
- Follow the road around to the main parking lot in back of the houses & buildings.
- You will see the entrance to the Old Penitentiary in front of you.
- The IMMG is in the building to the left of the Old Pen.
2455 Old Penitentiary Road
Boise, ID 83712